Simple Ways To Make Eliminating Sugar A Piece of Cake
Breaking up with sugar doesn’t have to be tortuous & devastating. It can be like one of those breakups that’s kind of mutual, that feels necessary and totally happy you did it later. It all depends on how you approach it. You can make it hard for yourself, or you can make it easy. State of mind is key people! You can do it. And you can have a positive outlook while doing it.
Here are a few of the best ways to reduce sugar cravings and make eliminating sugar a piece of sugar-free cake!
● Licorice tea after meals - Naturally sweet, helps balance blood sugar, and it’s great for digestion.
● Strength in substitutions - Swap bread with slices of roasted sweet potato, pudding with chia and coconut milk, bananas with high fiber berries etc.
● Eat plenty of protein and fat - If your body’s been running off sugar for awhile you need to give it a new fuel source to draw from. High-quality protein and saturated fats like avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, ghee & MCT oil are great for stabilizing blood sugar levels and providing a valuable energy source.
● Embrace fiber - Eat plenty of fiber to stabilize your blood sugar levels. And I don't mean grain-based fiber. Greens, raw vegetables, berries, hemp seeds, flax seeds etc. are all great sources of healthy fiber.
● Make your water exciting - If you’re used to sugary drinks, try making your water more fun. I like to add sliced cucumber, lemon, orange, grapefruit, strawberry, blueberry, or make a strong tea and drink that over ice.
● My fav supplements for curbing sugar cravings - When my sugar cravings are really coming on strong I like to take one of the following supplements: chromium picolinate, l-glutamine, 5-HTP, or inulin extract. These all help manage your blood glucose, which is a major driver of sugar cravings.
● Make your own chocolate - Chocolate is comforting and has lots of healthy qualities. It’s easy to make your own with raw cacao powder, coconut oil, and stevia or xylitol for a natural sweetener. Check out this recipe for inspiration.
Want even more great tips to help you lose weight, improve your digestion, increase your energy and end your sugar addiction once and for all?
Check out my new 6-week Sugar Repair program details here http://drlaramay.com/6-week-vibrant-sugar-repair
In the program, you get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes as well as strategies that will help you let go of the sugar habit, which will help you balance your mood, lose weight, improve your sleep, improve your skin, and so much more!
Or join me on my Facebook page, facebook.com/drlaramay, where I’ll be sharing more information, tips and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.
To your wellness,
For more about the right way to add juicing & smoothies into your daily diet check out two of my past blogs...
Also, click the image to the left to download a free smoothie guide to get all the goods to take with you.
Ready To Count Away The Pounds? (not the calories)
THIS WEBINAR WILL HELP YOU DO JUST THAT!
Join Me January 18th, 2018 @ 4:30 PM PST
FREE LIVE TRAINING
- What is detoxing & why is it imperative
- Signs your body is overloaded with toxins
- How to avoid toxicity
- Why is sugar toxic
- Simple steps to eating better without deprivation
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
If you are ready to win the battle against sugar, but know you need help, I am here for you! Sign-up for a free Clarity Call and let's get started!
Hi! I'm Lara (pronounced like Sarah, but with a L).
Are you ready to lose weight, reduce stress, and reinvigorate your life?!
Together let’s uncover your motivators for change, and turn your vision for your vibrant future into your new reality. Health coaching is a safe supportive process of aligning your dreams with your intentions, and taking small right actions toward reaching attainable goals every week. I am here to gently hold you accountable with action plans, assignments, support and feedback.
Follow Me Here...
Do you want to be constantly counting points or calories? Who has time for that?
Don’t let points, or the scale, determine your success.
It’s time to end the madness. For real!
- SUGAR FREE
- adrenal health
- approach to healing
- approach to well-being
- clean eating
- daily detox
- digestive health
- gluten free
- health coaching
- healthy eating
- mealtime habits
- mindset tools
- stress relief
- weight loss