7 Ways To Reduce Sugar Cravings Without The Mania
Here are a few of my favorite ways to eliminate sugar cravings and stay on track to creating more energy, clear skin, weight loss, and so much more!
1. Cinnamon - Naturally helps to balance blood sugar levels and adds a familiar taste of comfort to things like tea and coffee.
2. Chromium - A mineral that’s often deficient if you find yourself craving sugar and refined carbs. Chromium is something I like to take on days where I’m especially prone to sugar cravings like close to my period.
3. Exercise - Sometimes the only reason you’re even craving sugar is because your body and brain are addicted to the rush of feel-good hormones. Exercise does the same thing, except it’s MUCH healthier.
4. Journalling - If you’re feeling emotional and your first instinct is to reach for the ice cream, try writing in a journal instead. You’ll feel so much better and getting your emotions out on paper.
5. Citrus essential oil - Taking a few deep inhalations of lemon or orange essential oil will provide a jolt of uplifting feel good hormones as well as a gentle energy boost. I like to add peppermint too!
6. Drink tea - Herbal teas, especially licorice tea which is naturally sweet, are great for providing a touch of sweetness alongside delicious flavor.
7. Take a whole foods multivitamin - Sugar cravings stem from nutrient deficiencies, taking a whole foods vitamin supplement can help to address deep-seated nutritional issues and get you back on track to feeling food and craving free.
Want even more great tips to help you lose weight, improve your digestion, increase your energy and end your sugar addiction once and for all?
Check out my new 6-week Sugar Repair program details here http://drlaramay.com/6-week-vibrant-sugar-repair
In the program, you get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes as well as strategies that will help you let go of the sugar habit, which will help you balance your mood, lose weight, improve your sleep, improve your skin, and so much more!
Or join me on my Facebook page, facebook.com/drlaramay, where I’ll be sharing more information, tips and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.
To your wellness,
For more about the right way to add juicing & smoothies into your daily diet check out two of my past blogs...
Also, click the image to the left to download a free smoothie guide to get all the goods to take with you.
Hi! I'm Lara (pronounced like Sarah, but with a L).
Are you ready to lose weight, reduce stress, and reinvigorate your life?!
Together let’s uncover your motivators for change, and turn your vision for your vibrant future into your new reality. Health coaching is a safe supportive process of aligning your dreams with your intentions, and taking small right actions toward reaching attainable goals every week. I am here to gently hold you accountable with action plans, assignments, support and feedback.
Follow Me Here...
Do you want to be constantly counting points or calories? Who has time for that?
Don’t let points, or the scale, determine your success.
It’s time to end the madness. For real!
- SUGAR FREE
- adrenal health
- approach to healing
- approach to well-being
- clean eating
- crystal bed
- daily detox
- digestive health
- essential oils
- functional medicine
- gluten free
- group coaching
- health coaching
- healthy eating
- mealtime habits
- mindset tools
- stress relief
- weight loss