Why Would You Need A Health Coach Anyway?
Have you ever heard of life coaching or health coaching? Even if you have, you probably still aren't clear on what a coach does, or even still why you would need one or how a coach might help you. So today, I am going to try to answer these questions and bring you some clarity on the subject.
Let me start by telling you what I am NOT. I am NOT a therapist, dietician, nutritionist or personal trainer. OK. Next...
So then, what DO you do? You are probably still asking. As a health coach, I help you, the client implement healthy, sustainable change by challenging them to listen to their inner wisdom, identify their values, and transform their goals into action.
Got it? Maybe not still? Let me ask you some questions. If you say yes to any of these questions, then you could benefit from working with a health coach.
- Do you want to make healthy changes to your lifestyle, but aren't sure where to start?
- Do you struggle with energy &/or motivation?
- Do you struggle with work-life balance?
- Do you have trouble sticking with your goals? Especially health-related goals?
- Do you struggle to keep a calm, positive mindset? Are you plagued by your negative internal dialogue?
- Do you find it difficult to prioritize your health day-to-day?
- Do you find it hard to let yourself relax?
How did you do? Did you answer yes to any of them? If so, great! Please know that there is a solution available to you. There is hope. You don't have to continue the same cycles.
I help clients decide what positive change means to them in relation to their health. Then we work together to make it happen in an easy step-wise way. I guide clients through the process of creating meaningful goals and visions. Then, I help them develop healthy mindset, habits & boundaries. We dig deep together to find the answers within. Above all, I ask questions more than I give advice.
Coaching is about uncovering what you want in your life and implementing it in a way that will be lasting. It is not about me just telling you what to do and leaving you to your own devices. Health coaching requires willingness & commitment from you the client. People that find success in coaching are ready to make changes in their lives. They are motivated to work on themselves. I provide encouragement, support, & accountability every step of the way. And, I am here to inspire you to continue to move forward.
Working with me is different than other health coaches for several reasons. The first being, I am a board-certified clinical pharmacist. So, I have intimate knowledge of health & disease, and how it plays out in our bodies and lives from a western medicine perspective. I also have a certificate in Integrative Nutrition, which means I look at the whole person and the context of food, supplements, medicines, etc in the lives and goals of my clients. In addition to all that, I am a master trained Reiki Master in both Usui & Angelic traditions. I am a certified Angel Card Reader and I am an intuitive healer.
I personally help clients, develop step-by-step plans to...
- dissolve energetic blocks & peel back the layers preventing them from reaching their goals
- manage their stress/prevent it from becoming overwhelming
- learn to prioritize their health & self-care
- develop & maintain a healthy mindset
- balance a happy, healthy lifestyle with a full schedule
- clean up their diets/explore new ways of eating
- decrease inflammation in the body with both food & lifestyle modifications
Imagine leaving the frazzled, stressed, exhausted way of life behind. Imagine having the tools to create the life you love living every day. That is what a health coach can help you do.
I hope this helped clear up any questions you may have had. I also hope that if you answered yes to any of the questions above, that you will consider adding a health coach to your healthcare team.
If you have more questions, I am here to serve you in your growth. Please do not hesitate to reach out. I can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can message me on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter @drlaramay.
For the month of November, I am offering a free 15-min Results Coaching Session, when you buy any reiki session.